[vdr] Re: Switching off

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:34:00PM +0100, richard_robson@beeb.net wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 20:01, mark.carline wrote:
> > I guess the whole power on / power off / shutdown thing is fairly new to
> > vdr and perhaps theres scope for a "plugin" somewhere (hit hit!)
>
> Er why?  VDR has a good shutdown facility, what more could you want it
> to do than it doesn't already?
>
> It can shutdown from the remote control using the power button.
> Poweroff after a certain amount of inactivity.
> It can wake up the PC for timer recording (using nvram-wakeup)
> Using the power functions (apm/acpi) of your PC you can use the power
> button on the front of the PC to send VDR a shutdown command using VDR's
> SVDRP.
>
> Err don't think I've missed anything, anyone know how to switch on the
> PC using the power button on a remote?

I'm using a SiliTek mouse IR commander and also a SiliTek IR keyboard
together with the silitek gpm driver for the PS/2 interface of the
SiliTek IR keyboard which is also used for SiliTek mouse IR commander.
For switching on remote I'm just pressing the right mouse button
twice on the mouse commander or the keyboard.  The system boots into
runlevel 3 and switches to the 8 VT on which VDR runs in keyboard mode just
like a mingetty.

Power down can be done by pressing the PC power button (I'm using the
powerswitch module to run a script calling `svdrpsend.pl HITK Power')
or by pressing the Power button sequence on the mouse commander or
keyboard.

VDR its self calls a shutdown script for using nvram-wakeup.

        Werner