[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

BTW: release 0.0.2 still uses the Makefile variable VIDEODIR.
I haven't looked into your plugin, but what do you need the location
of the video directory for, and why don't you use the internal VideoDirectory
pointer?
I use fifos as communication link to xine, e. g. "/video/xine/device0.vdr".

The information about the VideoDirectory pointer came just to late for release
0.0.2, but 0.0.3 will make use of it.
Any specific readon why these have to be in VDR's video directory?
No. I just thought, as there are a lot of other files (e. g. channels.conf), this would be the right place for me too.

Couldn't you just put them somewhere else?
Yes, they can be put somewhere else. Which directory would you suggest? I think "/dev" would not be a good idea.

I'd like to change this in the evening. What do the other list members suggest as directory and as extension for the fifos?

I don't think it's a good idea to put _devices_ into the _recordings_
directory...
Well, it's just their name, actually they are fifos.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de