[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh: Enable postprocessing - maybe you want to giveit a try

Sebastian Kemper schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I played around a little bit and enabled  dynamic postprocessing for
> divx. It just takes cpu-time which the processor can spare and tries to
> make the picture look better. Don't expect too much, but I think some of
> you may be interested. Just edit mplayer.sh in the way I did below.

Do you see a visable increase of quality?

[SNIP]

> At last I would like to say that I'm not sure if I need to modifine both
> command lines. I only had success while changing the second command
> line, but I only have one xvid file that I can play around with. Maybe
> the author of mplayer.sh can tell of sense and nonsense of these edits.

The first line is used if a video isn't scaled, because it is an MPEG
file and has one of the resolutions that the DVB card can handle
directly. This will only be used if you set MPEG_DIRECT="true". IMHO it
doesn't make sense to use this postprocessing option there because the
whole idea of this line is to pass the MPEG video without further
processing to the DVB card.

An option to make this configurable would be fine.

Cheers,
Juri