[vdr] Re: OT: Test HDTV 1080i broadcast on Astra 19.2 E

Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2003 00:12 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:

> The stream can be replayed, but you have to specify -V xshm to xine.
> As this output device puts to much load on the CPU, the picture
> jumps. For any reason, the xv and vidix devices are broken and cause
> a segfault. SyncFB seems to work but only with Matrox gfx boards and
> then the image is cut off at a width of 1024 pixels.

My guess is that it doesn't work because XV and xvidix were both
designed to scale the video up to fill the screen. With 1080i the video
has to be scaled _down_ because it's resolution is higher than the
monitors. I guess this wasn't implemented in XV because it's usually
not needed. They'll probably fix this when HDTV becomes more common.
You might try to prescale the stream in software if your CPU is strong
enough.