[vdr] Re: OT: Test HDTV 1080i broadcast on Astra 19.2 E

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 13:49, you wrote:

> > a segfault. SyncFB seems to work but only with Matrox gfx boards and
> > then the image is cut off at a width of 1024 pixels.

My G200 has a max overlay size of 1024x1024 - it meant that when I ran a
screen res of 1152x864, and tried to display video using Xv, even though the
video window was small, there were lots of artefacts and image corruption on
the right hand side of the screen...

If I dropped X down to 1024x768, then all was well... I think you're simply
coming up against this hardware limitation..

From memory, I used tools like 'xvinfo' and 'xdpyinfo' to get the max overlay
size..

Cheers,
Gavin.