[vdr] Re: Try to fix "unknown picture error"

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 20:05, Martin Holst wrote:
> Hi
>
> as no one seems to be able to do like Klaus suggested, I've started the bug-hunting. ;-)
> I've now installed a plain vanilla 1.1.28 with DVB from 21.04. I will test this

Do not change driver and vdr at the same time!
You should use the same driver for all tests.

> combination for at least 3-4 days to see, if these combination throws the
> "unknown picture error" or not. Then I'll proceed as I mentioned (and Klaus
> suggested) in another thread.
>
> Just for me: what are the experiences, which version of vdr introduces this bug? I thought
> it was 1.1.28, but I'm not sure.
>
> I hope I find out, which changes brought the bug in vdr...

If 1.1.28 really introduced the bug I would try to undo this change
first:
- Using masks in EIT filtering to reduce the number of filters (thanks to Andreas
  Schultz).
This might have changed processing in the driver.

Oliver