[vdr] feature request: xine-plugin via NFS ?

Hi,

is there any way to make the xine-plugin work on NFS filesystems?
A VDR process runs on my server. There I installed the xine plugin and created
the fifo files as described in the documentation.
Now, I want to use xine on any of my client computers like my notebook. The
VIDEODIR (with the fifo files) is mounted via NFS on the client. If I start
xine on my notebook and try to connect to this device0.vdr, xine hangs.
I really was hoping that this plugin would give me a full "virtual" VDR on my
notebook. I of course can watch TV via the streamdev plugin. But this is
everything but comfortable. So if the xine-plugin would work via a network
connection this would be perfect.
VDR on a portable computer. ;)

Any plans on integrating this feature ?

Or could I simply run xine on the server via Remote-X ? Would this work? Xine
is currently not installed on my server so I cannot test this.

Thanks a lot!

regards

Thomas Glomann