[vdr] Re: feature request: xine-plugin via NFS ?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:51:53 +0000
Thomas Glomann <dromtom@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any way to make the xine-plugin work on NFS filesystems?
> A VDR process runs on my server. There I installed the xine plugin and
> created the fifo files as described in the documentation.
> Now, I want to use xine on any of my client computers like my
> notebook. The VIDEODIR (with the fifo files) is mounted via NFS on the
> client. If I start xine on my notebook and try to connect to this
> device0.vdr, xine hangs. I really was hoping that this plugin would
> give me a full "virtual" VDR on my notebook. I of course can watch TV
> via the streamdev plugin. But this is everything but comfortable. So
> if the xine-plugin would work via a network connection this would be
> perfect. VDR on a portable computer. ;)
>
> Any plans on integrating this feature ?

I don't know for NFS, but with the streamdev+xine plugin you _can_ have
vdr on a portable computer.
Put on your client the streamdev plugin and configurae a client with
_another_ istance of vdr + streamdev plugin + xine plugin.
With the correct configuration you will have vdr on laptop ...

Bye,
  ANgelus.