[vdr] Re: kvdr 0.61 + KDE3 + Suse 8.1

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:12:48 +0200
Lars Oeschey <oeschey@web.de> wrote:

[...]
> Another question: I have vdr running, but I have no IR control. When I now
> start xawtv (where I can see the vdr picture) I see that vdr is in learning
> mode, but no key that I press is accepted by vdr, instead it seems to get
> only to xawtv.
> If I can't get kvdr running, how could I use vdr with xawtv?

1. start xawtv
2. in a console window do /path/to/runvdr
3. you see the instructions in the xawtv window
4. now you can assign the keys, by pressing them while in the console
window.

be sure, you don't use the '-t' option in your runvdr script, or switch
to the tty, you configured there

--
Dirk Essl <de@floydworld.de>