[vdr] Re: Keyboard and Lirc

Helmut Auer wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> >Helmut Auer wrote:
> >

> >>Hello List,
> >>I have compiled VDR with the option REMOTE=LIRC
> >>Is there a way to use keyboard and remote control together as input device ?
> >>When I put all KBD.x and  LIRC.x codes in remote.conf only the device
> >>which keys I wrote on top can be used for controlling vdr.
> >>Is this working as designed or am I missing something ?
> >>

> >Keyboard and whatever other remote contro you use should all
> >work in parallel. At least it works fine here (using my home built
> >RCU).
> >
> >Make sure you did _not_ make VDR with NO_KBD=1.
> >
> >Otherwise maybe you should just delete the remote.conf file and go through
> >the key learning steps.
> >
> >Klaus
> >

> I have done the following:
> I took a remotes.conf with only KBD.x values and added manually the
> LIRC.x keys.
> Then only keyboard was recognized as input device. Then I deleted
> remotes.conf and compiled vdr with NO_KBD=1
> Then I teached the new remotes.conf with the LIRC.x keys. After that I
> recompiled vdr with REMOTE=LIRC.
> when I now use the remotes.conf looking like that:
>
> http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/vdr_installation.htm#conf1
>
> I can only control it with the keyboard. When I take all LIRC.x entries
> and put these on top of remote.conf I cannot use the keyboard, only the
> remote control keys are recognized, but interestingly when I press the
> shutdown key, the shutdown will be interrupted by pressing a keyboard key.
>
> Bye
> Helmut Auer
>
> P.S: I am isung vdr 1.22

I'm afraid I have no idea what's going wrong on your system.

All I can say is that KBD and RCU works just fine in parallel here.

Please try making VDR with just REMOTE=LIRC (do a 'make clean' first!),
delete remote.conf (don't rely on manual editing!) and go through the
learning. You should be asked for the LIRC and the KBD keys separately.

Klaus