[vdr] Re: DXR3 only black and white output

Am Die, 2003-09-16 um 23.29 schrieb Bud Millwood:

> Maybe this is stupid, but have you checked your TV menu for VHS/SVHS settings?

I think it's not stupid to ask that question because I never touched
SVHS so far.

> My DXR3 only shows black and white when it's in the VHS mode - but switching
> it to SVHS for that AV scart slot it gives full color.

Like I wrote it in another post, I tested the output with my video
projector. It has two connectors, one for cinch and one for SVHS. When I
use the SVHS connector everything works fine. Changeing to the cinch
connector brings just a b/w picture. There is no option in menu to set
it to, lets call it, "SVHS over cinch/scart". You just can set it to
pal, palm, ntsc, secam, ...
I think for SVHS->scart it makes sense to have a special setting because
of the splittet signals for color, brightness ... . But for cinch? There
everything is just mixed up and send over one signal-line and GND insted
of four signal-lines and GND I think. May be the color signal couldn't
be enterpreted correct. But then SVHS->cinch connectors never could work
without electronic.

My knowledge about all this is very limited and  maybe I'm totally
wrong. Please tell if I'm running into a huge dark forrest without GPS
equipment. :)

Using scart or SVHS is not possible, because the setup should just be
for viewing recordings with dxr3-plugin and streamdev for live picture
in a second room. There is just a very cheap tv with only cinch.

I think I will give the adapter sugested by Frank Scherthan a try. May
be it works for me too.

Thank you!
Christian