[vdr] Re: System freeze - scanning recordings ... --> FLATFILE?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:01:10 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> > As far as I remember the info in the marks file is used to show the
> > indicator whether the recording is new.
>
> No, that's the resume.vdr file.

Oh, sorry I mixed that up. Exactly the resume file causes this problem.

Just make a strace when opening the recordings menu to see what happens
today. There is a lot of stats and reading going on. This isn't a
problem with 30 recordings on the disk, but if you have 300 than the
response time goes up considerably. So best is to keep all the info in
the cache.

Emil