[vdr] Re: epia M6000, M9000 or M10000

On Thursday 18 September 2003 20:22, you wrote:
> i'm thinking of building a VDR DVB-T system out of the epia-m board. I
> think the M6000 seems the best board - it has everything i need, including
> a passive cooled CPU.  The M9000 and M10000 have more CPU power, but do i
> need it??
>
> Has anyone any thoughts on which is the best epia-m to use?
>
> martin

Hi,

I have a K6 II 200 running in my VDR-Box and the CPU power is more than
enough. I even tried a P133 and it worked. If your only going to use it for
MPEG2 , i.e. digital-tv, than the M6000 is the way to go. I will soon get one
myself because I really need an *absolutly* silent VDR-box.
And you can still watch DivX/MPEG4 on your "low power" Epia computer using the
mplayer-cluster plugin.

Thomas