[vdr] Re: keymap for MD4688 (Was: [Info] Remote control plugin: keymap for remote control MBO-81095)

Onno wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Wolfgang Fritz schrieb:
> [...]
>
>>Below you find a keymap for the Medion MD4688 sold by Aldi some weeks
>>ago (and is still available in my favourite Aldi). If you select code
>>235 for VCR and 175 for DSAT and the attached small patch for
>>av7110_ir.c you get an unambiguous key mapping for all keys.
>>
>>If anyone finds RC modes for this remote and RC5 code which let you use
>>all keys without the driver hack, I'll be glad to hear about it.
>>

> as far as i can read C++, your patch looks like you use the upper
> 2 of the device address bit as data bit, thus the ir_event will
> consist of a 2 bit longer data field, letting the same key
> pressed on different device classes (TV,VCR,CD,DVD,...) appear
> as different keys on the same device (if the upper 2 bit of
> the device address are used by the selected device classes, else
> they will look the same)

That's correct. The reason for this hack was that the MD4688 has special
keys for a VCR device (play, pause, record etc). This keys can only be
switched to VCR or DVD. The "general purpose" keys can be switched to up
to 8 devices, including the VCR and DVD.

Unfortunately, I could not find a mode for VCR which maps the VCR
special keys and the "general purpose" keys all to unique key codes. I
also could not find an VCR/non-VCR combination which gives an
unambiguous mapping. The driver hack was the simplest way to extend the
key code range without having to change the loadkey application and the
driver interface. The RC5 code has 13 bits per packet, to differentiate
between address bits and data bits is a matter of taste.

> did you look at all the possibilities of av7110_loadkeys,
> it has the ability to use different device codes ?
> but it look like you can't use multiple devices at once,
> so wouldn't it be better to enhance the key_loader, to
> dump the old keys and upload a combined key-codelist with
> a new command line option set, which of course depends on
> the ir hardware/driver also supporting multiple devices ?

The driver gets the raw 13 data bits from the hardware. In its present
state it has only one lookup table for the key codes. The device address
can only be used to filter out a special device.

It would be nice if you could assign an event to an address/data
combination. This way you would get a uniqe key code for each device/key
combination. I thought about that for a short time, but my hack was the
fastest solution for my problem.

> perhaps also a good question for the dvb ml, i consider that after
> reading the code of av7110_loadkeys.c one more ....

Yes.