[vdr] Re: UPT-Error related with vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > while testing several vdr versions and at last the individual diffs
> > which Klaus made available, I recognized that I get the UPT-Error
> > after I've applied vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff.
> >
> > Now the question is, whether it is possible to undo only the changes in
> > that diff. Or if it is possible to fragment that diff in smaller diffs.
> > Meanwhile I'll to a long term test with vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-b.diff.
> >
> > @Klaus: Do you have any idea, how we can try to fix the UPT-Bug, if it
> > is caused by vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff? I've tried a simple "cat
> > vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff | patch -R" on vdr 1.1.28, but that have caused
> > a lot of rejects in eit.c, which aren't so easy to fix manual without
knowledge
> > of what I'm gonna change...
> >
> > FYI: I use DVB from 11.06.03.
>
> Do you have a CI with an inserted CAM module in your system?

No CI connected to any card.

> I'm asking because vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff only changes the way the
> CA_PMT data is sent to the CAMs. Previously, the same descriptors
> were sent to all CAMs, now only those descriptors are sent to each
> CAM that are advertised by the CAM as supported.
>
> If you have a CI/CAM: do the UPT errors go away if you remove the CAM(s)?
>
> If you don't have a CI/CAM: I don't see why vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff
> would introduce the UPT error.

That's curious. In the settings of CICAM I had configured all slots to
"Free To Air", so there should be no CAM-related problem. But it is
obvious that vdr 1.1.27 with the c-diff produce the UPT-Error and
until now (and in some tests before I applied the c-diff) vdr 1.1.27
incl. b-diff run without any problems.

But as Tilo had said some weeks ago, it is possible that vdr run for
several days without any problems and suddenly the UPT-error appear.
So I do some further tests with vdr 1.1.27 and the b-diff. If you have
any further idea, what I can/should test, please let me know.

Just an idea: what happens if the EPG-scanner (or myself) switch to
a channel, which have a ca-entry in channels-conf which is not
supported by any installed card?
Perhaps there is a bug in handling the ca-information introduced by
diff-c. And why do this problem only occur on my system, when the
second card is involved? (recording, transfer mode)

Martin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net