[vdr] Re: Fix for UPT and 1. Rec Problem vdr-1.2.5

Gerald Raaf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since i got also this problems i do some changes in the code, so i can
> do multiple recordings and the vdr don't restart if it starts the first
> recording.
>
> The problem is IMHO in a HW/SW combinations, because many people have a
> working vdr.
>
> My Setup
> dvb-cvs driver from 20.09.2003
> vdr-1.2.5
> 3 Sat-Cards, 1st Nexus 2.1, 2nd and 3rd (with connected Cam) 1.3
> gcc 3.2
> kernel 2.4.22pre2
>
> Recording Problem.
> This Problem occurs if the you watch and TV (1st Card) and 2nd/3rd Card
> aren't used (no transfer mode). To avoid this i tune to a given channel,
> before vdr switch to the CurrentChannel -> this is set in setup.conf.

As soon as the EPG scan kicks in, this will be lost again.
So I don't see where this would be of any help.

> UPT:
> i don't know exactly where the problem is. I think its a problem with
> multiple recordings and small buffers or a latency problem in driver.
> Because i didn't know exactly i made the #defines
> DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEV and DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS available as
> setup option.

As Tilo Renkl posted recently, he even has the problem on a single card
system, without any recording, CAM or transfer mode. So I'm afraid the
UPT problem has nothing to do with the things you have patched here.
Of course, I'll stand corrected if any of those actually having the UPT
problem proves that your patch does fix it.

> Before you change something in the Setup -> DVB Menu, you can also try
> the following:
> in the DVB/driver/av7110 directory change the insmod calling for
> dvb-ttpci.o in the Makefile. Without parameter latency=0 will be used
> when dvb-ttpci is insmod'ed. For me latency=128 works better than
> latency=0.
> from
> insmod dvb-ttpci.o;
> insmod dvb-ttpci latency=64;
> or
> insmod dvb-ttpci latency=128;

Maybe these things should be tested _before_ applying your patch.

Klaus