[vdr] Re: Fix for UPT and 1. Rec Problem vdr-1.2.5

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

> Gerald Raaf wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > since i got also this problems i do some changes in the code, so i can
> > do multiple recordings and the vdr don't restart if it starts the first
> > recording.
> >
> > The problem is IMHO in a HW/SW combinations, because many people have a
> > working vdr.
> >
> > My Setup
> > dvb-cvs driver from 20.09.2003
> > vdr-1.2.5
> > 3 Sat-Cards, 1st Nexus 2.1, 2nd and 3rd (with connected Cam) 1.3
> > gcc 3.2
> > kernel 2.4.22pre2
> >
> > Recording Problem.
> > This Problem occurs if the you watch and TV (1st Card) and 2nd/3rd Card
> > aren't used (no transfer mode). To avoid this i tune to a given channel,
> > before vdr switch to the CurrentChannel -> this is set in setup.conf.
>
> As soon as the EPG scan kicks in, this will be lost again.
> So I don't see where this would be of any help.

You're right, but i disable EPG scan because i get to many defect recordings and Live-TV
viewing is also not very funny because of restarts with errors in EPG data. So i think
this would be a nice option if you disable EPG scan. Perhaps its better not an extra
Setup but to Tune on Cards greater 1 if you disable EPG Scan.

> > UPT:
> > i don't know exactly where the problem is. I think its a problem with
> > multiple recordings and small buffers or a latency problem in driver.
> > Because i didn't know exactly i made the #defines
> > DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEV and DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS available as
> > setup option.
>
> As Tilo Renkl posted recently, he even has the problem on a single card
> system, without any recording, CAM or transfer mode. So I'm afraid the
> UPT problem has nothing to do with the things you have patched here.
> Of course, I'll stand corrected if any of those actually having the UPT
> problem proves that your patch does fix it.

> > Before you change something in the Setup -> DVB Menu, you can also try
> > the following:
> > in the DVB/driver/av7110 directory change the insmod calling for
> > dvb-ttpci.o in the Makefile. Without parameter latency=0 will be used
> > when dvb-ttpci is insmod'ed. For me latency=128 works better than
> > latency=0.
> > from
> > insmod dvb-ttpci.o;
> > insmod dvb-ttpci latency=64;
> > or
> > insmod dvb-ttpci latency=128;
>
> Maybe these things should be tested _before_ applying your patch.

i also agree with you. My current setup is like a plain VDR. With Multiple Recordings,
Record/Play on First Card.
I've at the moment the following changes active. The InitProg Parameter is set to an FTA
channel
insmod dvb-ttpci latency=128;
Setup.InitChannel=yes
Setup.InitProg=1
Setup.BufferReserve=yes
and the two increased buffer sizes (#define Parameter) in recorder.c and transfer.c

if i don't use this additional Buffers in i get buffer underruns if i use the AC3OverDVB
patch. Maybe we should use it automaticly if the AC3OverDVB patch is applied. And the
#define i have also to change without AC3OverDVB patch.
The buffer errors i described also occure if i start 3 instances of vdr with -D0 -D1
-D2.