[vdr] Re: UPT-Error related with vdr-1.1.27-1.1.28-c.diff

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Martin Holst wrote:
> [...]
> > As I can see in my log, the last entry is the (Switching to channel 30).
> > I also added some printf-statements to the main-loop of vdr and it
> > seems as this loop runs several times before the segmentation fault
> > occurs. Any suggestions?
>
> Sounds like you're dereferencing a NULL pointer.
> Maybe a backtrace in gdb will tell you where this happens.
>
> > I think the problem is, that there are some successive changes in the
> > CAM-handling between 1.1.28 and 1.2.5. Maybe it is easier to undo the
> > changes in vdr 1.1.28 and check if the problem is solved.
>
> Yes, that may be true.

Now I've undo the changes of the c-diff in vdr 1.1.28 and vd compiles
without an error. But when I start vdr, I get the same segmentation
fault. When I run "gdb --core=core" I get the following message:

#0 0x0807d161 in ?? ()

A "Backtrace" shows several adresses #0-#5.
Because I'm not familiar with gdb: what are the next steps to find out,
in which code-fragment the problem occur?
FYI: When I start vdr several times, I'll get the same list of adresses.

Martin

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net