[vdr] Re: best distribution for vdr?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Onno" <onnok@web.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 10:50 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: best distribution for vdr?

> i would suggest mandrake, for 2 reasons:
>
> 1. it is quite complete in regards to multimedia and software
>     updates (urpmi works like apt-get)
> 2. it has more flexible , more generic admin tools, including
>     a single-stop command center for all admin tasks (hardware, software,
config)

I've been using Mandrake for half a year, now and I'm going to switch back
to debian.
There are strange sporadic crashes and I assume they come from Mandrake.

The problems occur on 3 machines with only two conjoints:

WinTV Nova-S and MANDRAKE.

I assume they mispatched the kernel or messed up the hardware-detection.

Rene