[vdr] Re: MP3 player plugin and bass level

HI,

Jan Ekholm schrieb:

Hi,

We've used the excellend MP3/Mplayer plugin for a while and have been very
happy with it. Plays all MP3:s that we have and without error.

However, my wife yesterday pointed out something that I've noticed too but
never really thought about: the bass level is low. It seems that the bass
somehow gets muted a bit compared to playing the same MP3 some other way.
I've tested to play it on the same machine using an ALSA-based player and
through the normal soundcard (ie. not through the DVB-c card), and the
bass sounds better. Could this be a problem with the DVB-c hardware
(Hauppauge DVB-c) or decoder (libmad.so.0)? Anyone else seen or heard the
same?

if playing via soundcard is an option (loop the dvb-audio into the cd/aux in
of the soundcard), try the mp3oss plugin, it should work with the alsa oss
layer.

Regards Onno