[vdr] Re: StillPicture in a plugin

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Olivier Jacques wrote:

>Hello list,

>By digging in the ML archives, I saw that Jan Elkom and Daniel Sáez
>Domingo succeeded in doing something like that (and probably Klaus :) )

If this "Jan Elkom" refers to me I have to say that I never got it to work
properly. I didn't use the builtin [Device]StillPicture() -methods, but
instead tried to borrow code from all over the place, such as the
Image-plugin. With some hacking I got pictures to show up, but they were
usually broken in some way and the image quality that I got was just plain
horrible. It looked like a JPEG packed with 1% quality with clearly
visible macroblocks and ugly colors. The MPEG files themselves looked
quite ok when viewed using MPlayer or xanim. In the end I abandoned the
idea of using VDR as an image viewer and I instead created an SDL based
image viewer that uses the builtin TV out of the Mini-ITX.

--

              Many an ancient lord's last words had been:
         "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh...."