[vdr] Re: vdradmin : who can write a plugin for editing autotimers?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Christian Jacobsen wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>I am looking for someone who can write a plugin for editing vdradmin
>autotimers withon VDR.
>
>For the beginning it would be nice if it (just) could enable and disable
>existing autotimers.
>
>A possiblity to create a new autotimer and input all the fields with the
>Remote Control would also be nice :) And offcourse editing of existing
>timers.
>
>Even better would be if I could take an existing EPG event and create an
>autotimer from it - something like what now is done when creating timers
>from EPG. It could maybe be done the way that it takes over an existing VDR
>timer.
>
>Unfortunatly I have no programming skills so I can't do it on my own :(

Well, I'd be happy to just select a show from the "Programs" list and
press something for "Always record" which would create a new autotimer
with sane default values. I don't think a plugin can do that though, you'd
need some patching of VDR to do it. Adding a new autotimer to vdradmin's
file vdradmin.at is also simple, the issue is there to get vdradmin to
notice the changed file and reread it. Maybe a "kill -HUP" could force
vdradmin to reread all config files?

--
Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those
    members of it who are dead.