[vdr] Re: Buffer overflows

Hello

Jan Ekholm wrote:

Anyone know if increasing the various buffers within VDR is enough to get
rid of the buffer overflows? Is it a true solution or just band aid? There
was a mail a while ago that mentioned values that could be used and where,
but I've not tried that yet. But tonight I missed a South Park episode due
to an overflow, so I could give the idea a shot. :)

I did increase the buffes in recorder.c to 8 MB
                          in transfer.c to 4 MB
                          in dvbplayer.c to 4 MB

Since then I never had a ringbuffer overflow.

Can someone point me towards some RTFM material that would explain what
causes the buffer overflows, and why it is so fatal?
Sorry - no idea. I just increased size till I got no overflow-message.

Regards
Wolfgang