[vdr] Re: Buffer overflows

> Wolfgang Goeller wrote:
> Hello
>
> Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
> > Anyone know if increasing the various buffers within VDR is
> enough to get
> > rid of the buffer overflows? Is it a true solution or just band
> aid? There
> > was a mail a while ago that mentioned values that could be used
> and where,
> > but I've not tried that yet. But tonight I missed a South Park
> episode due
> > to an overflow, so I could give the idea a shot. :)
> >

> I did increase the buffes in recorder.c to 8 MB
>                            in transfer.c to 4 MB
>                            in dvbplayer.c to 4 MB
>
> Since then I never had a ringbuffer overflow.
>
> > Can someone point me towards some RTFM material that would explain what
> > causes the buffer overflows, and why it is so fatal?
>
> Sorry - no idea. I just increased size till I got no overflow-message.

I got the same problem and increased only the buffers in :
		in recorder.c to 16 MB
            in transfer.c to 8 MB

I also changed a part in transfer.c wich was commented out (a for with an
usleep). Klaus was speaking about that in a previous post in this mailing
list.

With all that I neved had a ring buffer overflow anymore.

I Hope it will work for you.