[vdr] Re: Help to schedule daily mhwepg

Hi swen,

I knew your post from the 21.6.2003, but it seems to be a little complcated
for me to use it (modifiy inittab etc..).

Using your script and others founded in some forum, I've found how update
epg.data easily without shutdown vdr. I think if we launch the script each
night (for exemple at 3 am) by CRON, it could be ok.

#!/bin/sh
(sleep 1; echo "CHAN 232"; sleep 2; echo "QUIT") | telnet localhost 2001
./mhwepg -s S19.2E -e equiv.csn -o /video/epg.csn.data
sleep 90
cat /video.epg.csn.data | /usr/local/bin/loadepg.pl

One more thing, one guy propose to backup active channel before processing
epg update, but it doesnt't work (syntax pb I think).

backup :
chaine=`/usr/local/src/VDR/svdrpsend.pl CHAN | grep 250 | cut -d" " -f 2`

restore :
/usr/local/src/VDR/svdrpsend.pl CHAN $chaine

Could someone could tell me if there is a glitch on theses lines.

Thanks a lot !

Bye !
Karim.