[vdr] Re: Help to schedule daily mhwepg

karim wrote:
I am using "mhwepg" which is really good to get EPG data. I do manually
several tasks :
- Verifying that vdr isn't recording something.
- Tuning vdr on a special channel ("epg channel").
- Launching mhwepg to download data in epg.data.
- Reboot vdr to be sure that "new" epg.data will be correctly read.
=> All works fine !

Since I would like to refresh epg.data every night automatically, I am
trying to schedule all tasks daily, and push datas to epg.data via SVDRP,
without rebooting vdr.

Could someone - perhaps the autor himself ;-) - please help me to do this

Sorry, my PC is not running 24 hours/day, and my script to get the EPG data is launched each time the PC is shutting down. Since the data are updated only once a day, it is not a problem for me. I understand that if VDR is running continuously, there may be a problem if you launch your script at 3:00 am and VDR is recording something at the same time.

Jean-Claude