[vdr] UPT-Error = interferance betw. DVB-s cards ?

Hallo,

I just wanted to tell what I have noticed. I am not sure if anyone else
has noticed that.

For 4-5 months ago I wanted to exchange my NOVA-S with a DVB-s - after
doing that I had the UPT error. At that time I went back to the NOVA-s and
had no problems anylonger !
Now I wanted to see if I can help finding this bug and Thursday last week
I inserted my DVB-s again and removed the NOVA-s. And there the UPT-bug
was again :(

After some testing I found out something :

_The UPT error almost only happens on my 2 card system if both cards are
tuned to the same Channel !_ (maybee same transponder !?)

Description : on starting VDR I am patching the setup.conf to always start
on channel 4 (RTL). As I every evening record "RTL Aktuell" I have the UPT
error _for sure_ at that time ! The recording is running on Card 2.

After Setting Channel 1 (ARD) as start channel I had no UPT errors in "RTL
aktuell" recording any longer !!

My VDR is using nvram-wakeup and therefore not always running - very offen
it then starts for that recording. The strange thing is that I can't
provoke this by starting a recording while testing. Maybee VDR needs a
little time with no channel changes before the error triggers !?
Example : yesterday afternoon my wife watched RTL and left it there - so
after approx. 100 min. of no change the "RTL Aktuell" recording started
and had UPT-errors !

If I use the "MENU", "RED" keys for starting a recording it sometimes also
happens - here again both cards are tuned to the same channel !

So maybe it is an interferance between the cards and maybe also with other
hardware in the PC.
Yes I know that also single card users have got this problem - but maybe
they have got High freq. CPU's or something like that !?

My cards are "sitting" next to each other and unfortunatly I can't change
that :(

Maybe that is also why Klaus does not have this error as he has a NOVA in
between the 2 DVB-s !?

I remeber reading something about tuning a bit different in the DVB driver
when 2 cards are using same transponder. Maybe it has something to do with
that !?

On switching channels I did not have this problem yet. I must say here
that I am not using vanilla VDR, but 1.2.5 with several patches/plugins.

Yesterday evening I changed back to VDR 1.2.1 because it has a "feature"
(or bug - as it was changed in 1.2.5) where with "Primary Limit=0" the
First DVB card is used _first_ when recording. If it is interferance then
that should help !

BTW. is there a way to do the same with VDR 1.2.5 ?

My System :
2 DVB-s - primary 1*rev.1.6, sec. Rev.2.1
SuSE 8.0
PIII 933 on Intel i8x0 MB
VDR 1.2.5 with several plugins and patches (Elchi ...)
DVB 05.09.2003 hw_sections=0

Now :
VDR 1.2.1 with several plugins and patches (Elchi ...)
DVB 06.07.2003 (IIRC)

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen