[vdr] Re: UPT-Error = interferance betw. DVB-s cards ?

Hi,

Christian Jacobsen schrieb:
Hallo,
[...]

After some testing I found out something :

_The UPT error almost only happens on my 2 card system if both cards are
tuned to the same Channel !_ (maybee same transponder !?)

Description : on starting VDR I am patching the setup.conf to always start
on channel 4 (RTL). As I every evening record "RTL Aktuell" I have the UPT
error _for sure_ at that time ! The recording is running on Card 2.
After Setting Channel 1 (ARD) as start channel I had no UPT errors in "RTL
aktuell" recording any longer !!
[...]
If I use the "MENU", "RED" keys for starting a recording it sometimes also
happens - here again both cards are tuned to the same channel !

i can confirm that using pause mode this occurs very surely on
Astra Sky-News, i sometimes simply _cant_ record the CBS News at 01:30,
this might also depend on the mux used by sky, but sometimes vdr even
fails silently, giving 0 bytes files for no obvious reason.
So if anyone could cross check this, it might help checking your theory.
if you try this for sky news, it might work as expected for normal
programming, although it also fails quite often. bit the cbs news is,
at least for me, always very troublesome.

one could check by copying the channels.conf entry for sky-news, lowering
the frequency by one and programming two timers for 01:30, one for each
sky-news channel.

Regards Onno