[vdr] Re: VDR-distros should collaborate ...

Hello Ralf,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Ralf Klueber wrote:
> What was that for an event exactly?
At the Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, they call it summer university.
Last week they had a Linux week, some events had to be payed, others (as our
lectures on Friday) were free to everyone. Klaus Knopper (Knoppix) and
Hans-Georg Eßer (Das große Buch Linux, Editor in Chief of LinuxUser/EasyLinux)
had been there as well.
My lecture started with some general informations about Linux as "embedded"
operating system, invisible to the user and for daily use. As one example of
a system without a visible Linux I've shown a prototype settop box with VDR
running. The rest of the show was how to do recordings, cut, which plugins you
can get, how to use VDR Admin, and so on -- nothing interesting for anyone
actually using VDR.

> It would be nice if such events were published here within the group.
I avioded to post the event here because it's the wrong target group: You all
know VDR, and the lecture was intended for normal users who haven't heared of
it before.

But if you can sleep better, I could send you a PDF of the presentation.

Bye,
  Mirko