[vdr] Subtitles when using dvd plugin

I have the DVD plugins working, and with it I can change navigate dvd menus, which is great. However I don't tend to be able to select subtitles? Or - I am able to select them, but they are never displayed. I tried this woth the simpsons DVD (season 2) and the Lord of the rings 1 DVD, none worked.

I am using the mega patch (was it andreas who created this?) + vdr 1.2.1 + dvd plugin 0.3.3 + libdvdnav 1.9

Is anyone else having problems with subs?

Thanks in advance

/Martin Altemark