[vdr] Re: Anyone using SoundBlaster cards for AC3?

>         just seeking for a tester of a SoundBlaster mute
> script.  The question is: Does the script work for you?
> First it should switch on receiving data of the S/P-DIF
> out of the DVB card connected to the S/P-DIF in of the
> SoundBlaster card and redirect it to the SoundBlasters
> S/P-DIF out.
>
> And the bitstreamout plugin should work if a channel
> providing AC3 is choosen ... even if mute s pressed twice.
>
> If it does not work, what have to be changed?
>
>          Werner

Hi Werner,

I'd love to test this but I have a question since I'm new to vdr and dvb
in general. I've got a Siemens premium dvb-c card and a Soundblaster
Live 5.1 soundcard. Now, my question is, do I need to make a connection
between the two cards to test bitstreamout? I've seen some posts on the
web that indicate that the cards need to be connected, but I'm not quite
sure, since all the relevant information seems to be in german, which I
unfortunately don't understand very well.

So do they need to be connected and if so, how? Any pointers to eg.
websites containing preferably english information on this?

Thanks in advance,

Juha