[vdr] Re: DVD player that works with 1.2.5 ?

John Grant schrieb:

I'm still using the vdr plugin even after upgrading to 1.2.5, but its behaviour just
seems to get worse and worse (now it has a habit of blanking the screen and
stopping vdr responding to the remote - i.e. total death).
well there is a patched one just mentioned here in the list
from sgoethel@jausoft.com :
this is a incremental patch against the orig. dvd-0.3.3,
meaning, it includes my previous dvd-0.3.3-jau-p2 !

PATCH:
        http://www.jausoft.com/Files/vdr/vdr-dvd-0.3.3-jau-p3.patch.bz2

COMPLETE:
        http://www.jausoft.com/Files/vdr/vdr-dvd-0.3.3-jau-p3.tar.bz2
you could try this.

I have heard of using mplayer, but does that output over the dvb card, or is it
just a framebuffer thing ? I really need all the video to come out of the dvb card.
no the primary intend and usage ot the mplayer plugin and the corresponding mplayer is the transcoding of any media to mpeg1 in real-time and delivering it to the dvb card for tv out. the frame buffer output is not so well documented and primarily for slower cpu's to use a gfx-tvout and save the step of encoding to mpeg1.

Regards Onno