[vdr] Re: vdr and conax?

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Timo [ISO-8859-1] Helkiö wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 15:14, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>
> >> Anyway, you mean that Conax works just fine although it's marked as "not
> >> really working" in ftp://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt?
>
> >Hi, absolutly it is working here, come and see, it is 70 kilometers from
> >Turku. It costs a lot of money, all together about 400 euros.
>
> It's acually very tempting. :) We'd like to get one of the commercial
> channel bundlers that our cable company sells, as it has a lot of the
> "normal" nice channels, such as MTV Nordic, Discovery, National Geographic
> and some misc channels. Please let me know if you encounter any problems,
> and let Klaus know that the Conax works too so that he can update the
> cams.txt file.

That file was mainly used while I have implemented the
CAM communication into VDR, in order to find out why
some CAMs just refused to work. I haven't kept the file
up-to-date ever since and am afraid I don't have the
time to do so.

So if any of you have new information regarding CAMs,
please just edit the cams.txt file and send me the
complete, modified version. But please make sure you
edit only that which you intend to change and leave all
other lines untouched. Also, please make sure you have the
formatting right (use an editor with a fixed font!).
Before editing, please make sure you have the latest version
from the VDR FTP site.

Klaus