[vdr] Re: Drop support for multiple video dirs? [was: Feature Request]

Hi Klaus,

> What I would really like to do is to get rid of this
> altogether! I shouldn't have implemented this "spreading
> recordings over drives and linking them together" in the
> first place, but at the time it seemed like a useful idea.

> So here's my proposal: if nobody objects I'd like to
> drop the support for multiple /video directories in
> version 1.3. If necessary I can provide a script that
> converts an existing linked /video0, /video1,... structure
> into a plain directory structure.

Fine with me ;o)) I never used this feature (just as I don't
use symlinks), because I never was a friend of letting the
computer decide *where* to place my recordings. This
would be one feature that *I* wouldn't miss.

I usually record a movie, watch it sometime later and if
it's worth keeping, I cut it via VDR. After that, I check
the cut movie if it's okay, delete the original and pick up
the cut movie via LAN and move it to my Windoze
machine so that it can be recorded on CD or DVD.

Greetz,
Reinhard

P.S.: Hope your eyesight is back to normal now. What
did you do? Don't stare at the source code so long ;o))

---