[vdr] Re: Drop support for multiple video dirs? [was: FeatureRequest]

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

[/videoX support]
> What I would really like to do is to get rid of this
> altogether! I shouldn't have implemented this "spreading
> recordings over drives and linking them together" in the
> first place, but at the time it seemed like a useful idea.

I was about to say "no, it's a handy feature" [and with one 40GB and one
60GB disc here it's quite handy] but regarding the hassle this feature
causes with for example renaming of recordings and regarding how easy it
is to setup a RAID [1] I'd say - just drop /videoX support.

On the other hand, I'd also vote for dropping small (<2/4GB) file size
support (which would only be consistent in this case as it's a similar
case) :-).

Regards

[1] http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-4.html)