[vdr] Re: Recordings menu sluggish - *the* solution.

At Freitag, 3. Oktober 2003 20:13 Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> > Isnt there code in vdr already that does this?
>
> Reading for playback yes.  Recording and cuting no.

AFAIK vdr uses find to build the recording dir, so you would need to patch
find to achieve this... Anyway I can't imagine why the kernel will actually
load the nnn.vdr files when browsing the directory entries... I'd say it's
simply the fact that the find command takes some time (which is IMHO proven
by the FAM-patch).

Greetings,
Sascha