[vdr] Re: Recordings menu sluggish - *the* solution.

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
AFAIK vdr uses find to build the recording dir, so you would need to patch find to achieve this... Anyway I can't imagine why the kernel will actually load the nnn.vdr files when browsing the directory entries... I'd say it's simply the fact that the find command takes some time (which is IMHO proven by the FAM-patch).
The reason why find takes so long is that the directory entries it processes
are no longer cached.

The reason they are no longer cached is that the cache has been filled
by nnn.vdr data instead. *that* can be prevented by opening them with
the O_DIRECT flag in vdr.

Carsten.