[vdr] Re: Stop writing video 2MB before disk full [was Drop support for multiplevideo dirs?]

"M. Fiegert" wrote:

> >I'll therefore keep it alive and will try to make it so
> >that recordings are kept together on a single disk as far
> >as possible.
> >
> May I repeat a suggestions for your work in that area that would be
> useful for all vdr users with full disks?
> I posted this priviously, but you would really impress me if you had
> those little remarks still on some list.

I have to admit that I don't have that one at hand...

> Needed feature:  Stop writing video data 1-2MB before disk is full.
> Reason: vdr behaves quite strange with no space in video dir, especially
> for somebody who doesn`t understand the internals.

Well, 1-2MB is next to _nothing_ when dealing with video data files.
So I guess it will have to be a _lot_ more than that.
Or was this just a typo and it should have read 1-2GB (gigabyte)?

I'll try to keep this in mind when laying hand on this.

Klaus