[vdr] Re: EPG - Data - incomplete info (words cut)

Am Montag, 6. Oktober 2003 17:03 schrieb Wolfgang Goeller:
> Hello
>
> When reading the epg.data from say ZDF I realise often
> incomplete sentences - sometimes cuts in the middle of a word.
> Is ZDF so bad or is there a swtich in vdr to allow two more
> lines ('cause ZDF has several empty lines after the title.)

This is a well known issue. I recently did some debugging on libdtv level and
never saw the missing text (simply setting a breakpoint to the text decoding
function).
If a description in an Extended Event Descriptor (ETSI EN 300 468) contains
more than 256 bytes, it must be put in one or more following descriptors.
These descriptors seem to be missing, and IIRC last_descriptor_number was
always set to 0x00 (about that I'm not quite sure at the moment).
The question is: Did anyone with commercial equipment ever see these missing
lines, i.e. complete descriptions?

Marcel