[vdr] Re: Use AV7110 on DVB-S for Nova

Hi again,

At 07:42 10/10/2003 GMT, I wrote:
>SGksDQoNCk9uIFRodSwgOSBPY3QgMjAwMyAyMjozNjoxMiArMDIwMCBSZW5lIEJhcnRzY2gg
<snip>
>c2lkbyBlbnZpYWRvIGNvbiBCdXrzbiAtIHd3dy51bmF2LmVzDQo=

Sorry by my previous giberish; not ever one can configure its web_mail
interface :-(.

Below is what I wanted to write:
Hi,

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:36:12 +0200 Rene Bartsch wrote:

> There are two ways a full-featured card handles Tuner, CI and decoder.
>
> 1. internal:
>
> The stream is received by the tuner-frontend and passed to the AV711x
> by the
> DEBI-port (40 MBit/s max.) and then the AV711x demuxes the TS,
> decrypts if
> necessary by passing through to the CI, and decodes the MPEG.

I think that this isn't correct :-). The tuner-frontend stream is
sent by a set of triestate buffers to the CI TS_input and to the
AV711x (not by the DEBI port, else by one TS specific port); the CI
TS_output is also passed by other triestate buffers to the AV711x;
then, the AV711x enable on a alternate way both set of buffers, to
select the TS stream from the frontend or from the CI (CAM) output.
The CAM has is own filter and descrambler, so if it's in use, the AV711x
will receive then a PIDs "subset" of the raw TS stream and
possibly descrambled.

Best regards:
        Roberto Deza

--