[vdr] CDFS & mp3 plugin

On 08 Oct 2003 Malcolm Caldwell <malcolm.caldwell@ntu.edu.au> wrote:

> Using the mp3 plugin, some tracks on my CDs play very badly - choppy
> audio etc.  I think the problem is with the first few tracks - the
> others seem fine.  I thought this might be related to the slow speed of
> my old cd drive, or some such.

First of all you should remember that the mp3 plugin by default
tries to identify all tracks of a playlist in the background once
the playback has started. For cdfs replays this means that the
drive has to seek to every track start while jumping back all the
time to get audio data for the actual track.

Does this problem goes away if you have disabled background scan
in the setup?

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan