[vdr] Re: vdr and via epia...

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Tapio Karinsalo wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am planning to purchase Via Epia motherboard and using it with VDR. Do
>you guys know which Epia is best for VDR? Is 533 MHz enough power for
>this purpose? Or should it be more powerful processor? Am I right that
>with Via Epia motherboard it is possible to get totally silent system?

I have an Epia 800, and it's cooled passively. Works just fine. the DVB-c
card does get pretty hot though, so I do have a big (10cm) fan running
slowly (configurable) to push out the warm air. As already has been
mentioned an Epia is enough for a VDR box.

--
  The trouble with being a god is that you've got no one to pray to.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods