[vdr] Re: vdr killed my video archive

Ingo Janetzki wrote:

> Ulrich Petri schrieb:
> >
> > The direcetories are inside /video0 so there is nothing to wonder
> > about...
> >

> Of course, these links are inside /video0. How else should the archived
> recordings show up in the list of recordings?
>
> But that's not the point! If you don't have enough space in the cellar,
> it's of no use to throw away the furniture of your living room (unless
> there is an automatism to rearrange things from cellar to living room).
> It's the same with vdr. All necessary info is there: where does my
> recording go? Is _there_ enough space left? Are _there_ any old
> recordings that can be deleted? And NOT: Can I find old recordings
> somewhere under the top level recording directory. A simple comparism
> of the target partition of the current recording and the "delete"
> partition would be enough to avoid this useless loss of data.

I can understand that you are upset because of this, but
please understand that the original approach expected only
one big disk, so it never occured to me that such a check
would be necessary.

I agree that checking whether the recording that's about to
be deleted is on the same partition as one of the /videoX
directories. I'll implement this as soon as I find the time
(unless somebody else sends a patch).

Klaus