[vdr] Re: vdr and via epia...

Tapio Karinsalo <tapio.karinsalo@clothingplus.fi> wrote:

> I am planning to purchase Via Epia motherboard and using it with VDR. Do you guys know which Epia is best for VDR? Is 533 MHz enough power for this purpose? Or should it be more powerful processor? Am I right that with Via Epia motherboard it is possible to get totally silent system?

2x YES, I've got such a system. Just don't expect it to decode MPEG4 in
real time. For new purchses I'd recommend to get an EPIA-M board, though.
A) because it is supported by nvram-wakeup (which the EPIA-5000 isn't and
apparently never will be) and B) maybe eventually somebody will be able to
use the MPEG2 decoder of the CLE266 chip set for VDR :-))

--
... the declaration fails to account for or explain Iraq's efforts to
get uranium from abroad ...