[vdr] how to use a remote dvd-drive with the dvd-plugin ?

Hi,

as i switched to a smaller case (featuring fanless PSU) I no longer have room
for my 5.25" DVD-ROM drive.
But I of course want to have DVD support within my VDR ;)
So can I somehow use the DVD drive in my server which also holds the NFSROOT
partition for the VDR computer?

by creating a "symlink" from the real /dev/hdb to $NFSROOT/dev/hdb ???  is
there a way in linux to achieve this?

I am sure this is possible somehow.

I could use mplayer for watching DVDs, but this is the last thing i have in
mind, as it is far less sophisticated than the DVD-plugin which just works
perfectly !

Thanks a lot !

greetings.

Tom