[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

Hi Gregoire,

You should first correct the DVB hardware as lots of receivers don't
work with the AC3overDVB, but works perfectly with the bitstreamout
plugin (I own one of those).

Just buy an Asus SPDIF Adapter ( < 5 Euros at Ebay ) connect 3 cables to the J2 and enjoy the optical output.
Thats really easy :-) For bitstreamout you need a seperate Soundcard and ALSA, the J2 already exists on the DVB Card.

Keeping that hardware limitation (for more info just search the ml...) I
think that ac3overDVB is really not a priority, as for example autopid
that will works with the hardware ;-)

AC3overDVB already works with the hardware - just use the Patch 0.21 and the adapter as told above.
It should not be too much work to implement the patch to the core VDR, but I can understand Klaus, because he does not own AC3 Stuff ( so thats why I think a collection for him would be really a nice idea ).

Helmut