[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

Well, I wonder how many people actually have AC3 equipment.
My guess would be the majority does not.

Most people which heard once AC3 sound would never go back ...

So do you see a chance to adopt the AC3overDVB stuff to plain VDR ?

A chance, sure - but the question is _when_ ;-)
I have so many other things that I want to do first, that this
may still take quite a while to get adopted. Besides, I don't like
the fact that the DVB hardware requires application activity to
play AC3 over DVB in live mode. This is something the hardware
should be able to do by itself.

I agree - isn't there a way to implement it into the firmware ?

Maybe we should initiate a collection and buy a digital AV-Receiver for
you :-)

That's a nice thought, but I would reject that - accepting anything, be it
money or merchandise, would put me in aposition where I might be obliged to
to things that I don't want to do (at least at the moment).

Rejecting is not fair :-) You have done a lot for us, and when you hear AC3 once you will love it.

Helmut