[vdr] Re: VDR on XBOX using xine plugin

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 20:40, Michael Buhr wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Since a few day's VDR is running on my Microsoft XBOX. Right now I'm
> using Xebian5.1, VDR1.25, vdr-xine-0.0.2 and vdr-streamdev-0.0.3.
> Basiccally everything is working perfectly (many thanks to all
> developers at this point), but the xbox's remote control doesn't
> support LIRC.

Give Petri Hintukainen's 'xine-lib output' plugin at
http://www.hut.fi/u/phintuka/vdr a whirl - it opens a window using
xine-lib with VDR OSD overlaid (no Xine UI) and simply forwards any
keyboard keystrokes back to VDR..

As you're using Ed's Xebian - you might encounter a couple of
compilation errors with Debian's gcc - just comment out the 'printf'
statement near line 500 if the 'make' complains...

I'm curious if this works well on the Xbox TV out (i.e. smooth picture
50fps with interlacing) since I also hope to use an Xbox as a bedroom TV
client that can also play great games, and the recent 'software' Linux
installation method via savegames / USB sticks is much less scary than
before :)

Cheers,
Gavin.