[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre2

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:27:43PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is an huge change with the 0.48 version: prior to this
> pre-version, I could hear other sound (like play phone.wav) while
> watching a non ac3 movies, but no more with this version...
>
> Any hope to go back in respect to this problem?

Hmmm ... IMHO as long as normal MP2 audio will pass as PCM through
sound cards S/P-DIF you have no chance to do this.  Simply because
the sound card is blocked by the bitstreamout plugin.

Maybe Sven change this to a run _and_ compile time configuration.
In other words: At compile time it should be possible to disable
the MP2 audio stuff including the setup options. Whereas at run
time disabling the MP2 audio stuff should not touch the sound cards
S/P-DIF.

      Werner