[vdr] Re: VDR version 1.2.6pre3 pre-release

On Monday 27 October 2003 10:48, joerg.knitter@gmx.de wrote:
> > joerg.knitter@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >installed this version yesterday as plain (for bug reporting :-)) and as
> > >plugin version, and I found one bug that I believe has again to do with
> > the
> > >drivers - unfortunately :-(
> > >
> > >I wanted to record a clip from "MTV2 Pop Channel" (12226h). When the
> > >recording started, the live playback during recording was stuttering.
> > Switching to
> > >another channel on this transponder (only have one Nexus) and back did
> > not
> > >help. This did not happen on other channels (tested ARD, RTL etc.), but
> > for sure
> > >on MTV2.
> > >
> > >Additionally, some people on vdrportal.de also said that there are
> > problems
> > >with ARD in live view (no recording). Indeed, I also had some stuttering,
> > but
> > >when switching to another channel and back, the problems were gone.
> > >

> Checked it with the last drivers (from 05.09.2003) and with VDR 1.2.1, but
> there is still the same problem with MTV2 and ARD. Maybe someone else can
> check older drivers - I unfortunately also donīt have too much time left :-(...

Yesterday I did some tests and found the following:

ARD:
The problem disappears If you enter an invalid PCR pid. For example,
try setting ppid to the same value as the audio pid. You will loose
lip-sync, but the stuttering sound is gone. I think that there is
something wrong with either A/V delay or PCR on this transponder.

MTV2 Pop Channel:
Please verify that you have set PCR pid (ppid) to 8190
(wrong in channels.conf shipped with vdr).

Oliver